UK Businesses Vulnerable to Losing Data: NeedWeb Merchant?
The United Kingdom is currently rankedthe 2nd after the US for data breaches. Are you worried about the safety of your company’s data? Are you interested in Web Merchant to grow your business? Where can you get the best merchant services for your business? Below you can find answers to these questions.
UK Businesses Vulnerable to Data Breaches?
About one million UK businesses have no backup for their company data, as new research in the field reveals. One of the reasons why lots of businesses risk losing their company data is thatthey don’t back it up. Another reason is that they keep the electronic copies of their data in the same location where the original data is.
The Cyber Security Breaches Surveyheld in 2018 shows that19% of charities havebeen victimized bycybersecurity breaches/attacks in the past 12 months. This also refers to 43% of businesses.By the way, the most common breaches or attacks are the following ones: fraudulent emails, attempts to impersonate the organisation online, as well as viruses and malware.
Recent research in the field shows:
- Almost 46% of businesses have been vicitimised by a digital attack
- 83% of UK firms back up their data
- 44% of small businesses, 42% of medium-sized firms, as well as 34% of large organisationsare currently storing the backed-up information in the same location where the original information is, which puts the data at the risk of loss
- 17% of businesses don’t back up their information and store their data only on individual computers and employee devices
- 35% of UK businesses are currently storing their backed-up data outside of their office
- 18% of businesses are currently backing up their data to facilities, which are at least 30 miles away from their own premises: this is the minimum distance
- The majority of the companies following this “30-mile rule” are relying on cloud-based storage services butdon’t know precisely where their information is stored
Interested in Web Merchant to Grow Your Business?
According to Sonia Blizzard, Beaming LTD’s managing director,the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)speaks of the need for secure and resilient data storage aimed atreducing the risk of losing significant amounts of data. Beaming is an established Internet Service Provider for businesses throughout the UK.
It’s critical for merchants to work only with reliable merchant services providers so to be able to protect their business securely. If you’re interested in Web Merchant and the best ways to protect your business, turn to a reputable payments expert in the UK to get the right merchant services for your company.
A respectable comparison company in the UK will offer you free consultations, reviews of contracts, rates, as well as fees to help you make the right choice. With a true professional in the field, you can enjoy the most honest snapshot of the company at the time of writing.
Blizzard further notes that their studies reveal that nearly 4 million UK businesses are vulnerable to data loss from single events. Moreover, these businesses could even lose the ability to operate.
Author Bio: Payment industry expert Taylor Cole is a passionate merchant account expert who understands the complicated world of accepting credit and debit cards at your business. His understanding of the industry, including Web Merchant, has helped thousands of business owners save money and time.